"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Your Taste-Buds Will Rollo Over In Ecstasy

Ecstasy.....


The only word that can be used to describe this new cookie recipe. You can add to it words like Pure; Total; Complete; Utter; Divine; etc. etc.


I first tasted this cookie at a ward book group meeting. One bite and I was hooked. I was instantly taken away to that earthly part of heaven where there are no cares or concerns, where only happiness exists. That comfortable place where you want to snuggle down and savor each and every bite....



I was brought back to harsh reality after I had finished that one cookie.... I looked around me in alarm.... I wasn't in heaven, I was in my friend's living room and that plate of cookies was on the other side of the room. I wanted just one more taste of ecstasy, but the rules of decorum dictated that all I could do was stare longingly at them while discreetly wiping the drool off my chin.


I left that night vowing to acquire that recipe. I planned on printing it on gold leafed paper and putting it in a gilded frame. But life got in the way.... time passed and still, I didn't get the recipe.


Finally, FINALLY, last week I was got the recipe (THANKS MEL!!!) And I have made this my newest entry in "As The Cookie Crumbles."


Rollo Cookies (yields about 30 cookies)
1 Devil's Food cake mix
1 pkg. Rollos candy
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
Powdered Sugar



(I didn't have a Devil's Food cake mix, so I just used Milk Chocolate.... which was FINE!!)
Mix cake mix, oil and eggs together.




Roll a Rollo in the middle of a ball of the mixture.



Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet

Bake for 9-10 minutes at 350*.

(Baker's Hint: DO NOT OVERCOOK!! I baked mine for 8 1/2 minutes and they came out PERFECT!!)

Sprinkle with powdered sugar as soon as you take them out of the oven.



Find a comfortable place to sit down and enjoy this cookie!! Feel free to disappear into your own earthly heaven. And bring others along with you on your celestial journey. These cookies are so fast and easy to make that you can bring your best friends with you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah just made some cookies with Rolo's...I'm not sure if it was the same. I'll have to try it for myself. They were delicious! I might be coming your way for a visit sometime next month. Will you be around? We can digiscrap! ...if you want. More details later.

Corps of Discovery. said...

Wow! These look soooo good. I'm making cookies for my daughter's baptism tomorrow and I think I'll try these. How many does one batch make?

Devani -

thorkgal said...

Girl... what a professional blog. You would write MY kind of cookbook, because I like to see the process and picture of the end result. Way to be thorough.

Caroline said...

When I was in elementary school, my mom used to pack Rolo's in my lunch everyday. My friends called me "Rolo Bullough." I'm definitley going to have to try this.

Yvonne said...

I love Rolos. Haven't had one for years--may have to make these once I finish my challenge. But since I just signed up for another challenge, I'll have another 10 weeks ; (