"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Friday, March 19, 2010

Brain Dump

It's been a while since I've dumped the random thoughts coursing through my brain. Please bear with me while I clear some space on my cranial hard drive:

Water. I'm drinking it. I used to have one... maybe 1.5 glasses of water a day. I knew it wasn't enough, but it worked for me. I am trying harder to be healthier. While that hasn't translated into the whole 'early to bed, early to rise' way of life (yet...) but I'm trying harder to: a) watch what I eat (more fiber, less sugar, less carbs, more protein) b) exercise more (getting to the gym 3 times a week NO MATTER WHAT and take a walk outside five times a week), c) pay more attention to what time I eat (no more snacks as I go to bed at 11:30 pm) and d) DRINK MORE WATER!!! Now I drink a minimum of 6 glasses a day and some days as many as 10.
Here's what I learned: If you drink more water you have to go to the bathroom more frequently. Holy cow. I used to make fun of people that couldn't go more than a couple of hours between bathroom breaks. NO LONGER!!! 'Nuff said.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone else have "underwear dreams?" You know, the dreams where you are in public wearing underwear and ONLY your underwear? Usually there is someone you know -- non family (or a football team) -- close by and you hope and pray that by some miracle that person thinks you've got slightly see-through swim suit or shorts on? Because, apparently, these non-family members aren't smart enough to recognize underwear when they see it... Well, last night, I ice skated all the way through Florin streets in my underwear. It was horrific because my subconscious dreamer is finally realizing that my neighbors/friends are actually pretty smart after all, and I knew that they knew the embarrassing truth. Thankfully, no one laughed at me. But, even in my sleep, I was certain I was blushing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we went to the storage unit to get my scooter out. Our temps have warmed up and the snow is melting and, frankly, its going to be scooter driving weather before much longer. YIPPEE!! Sadly, we are having some problems with it. We didn't realize that we needed to weatherize it before we parked it for the winter, so when we got it started, it started leaking great gobs of gasoline. Enough that we felt it wasn't safe to keep it running.... (we also had to jump start the battery and we were concerned that there would a spark from the jumper cables). We decided to keep it parked in storage and find a place to service it. (insert sad face here) We'll have to wait a few more weeks to start driving "The Piglet."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is Inigo's latest creative writing assignment. I think he's got the dramatic finish down pat...

"Once upon a time I made a ninja. He got away and he said (say fast) kill me, kill me. And I chased him but he was fast. Then he ran along. Then he met a leprechaun. The leprechaun chased him. Kill me, kill me. Then he came to a army man. Then he got shot. The end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though it's still pretty cold at night -- temps are lingering in the teens to low 20's -- I have been sleeping with my bedroom window cracked open -- about 2". I have been anxiously waiting to hear if the neighborhood owls have come back. Every time I drive past the tree where the babies were living last summer I look and see if I can see the gray feathers camouflaged against the green pine needles. There have been no signs... until last night -- or if you want to be technical -- this morning. At precisely 1:11 a.m. I was woken up by the gentle "Hoooooo HooHoo" of my owl! Yay! They're back!!!

The only sad thing about having them back is that I have fallen in love with the squirrel love that has been exhibited in my backyard this spring. I have a pair of squirrels that are giddy with each other... playing chasing games up and down the trees and across my yard... and I'd like to see them survive the feeding frenzy that will inevitably come as the baby owls start growing. Sadly, they probably won't. Last summer our squirrel population was DECIMATED... but I still hope they will live long enough to raise their babies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is all the ramblings I have for now. Stay tuned for my next cookie post. It's another winner!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

A few things...

1. That wasn't a dream. We saw it on the news.
2. I love Adam's story. I read it to my dad. He said, "Thank goodness for Army men." Haha.
3. To say my little brother is OBSESSED with owls is an understatement. He'll be thrilled to know that they're at your house.
4. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Acacia said...

1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to Caroline's #1!!!

2. Those owls last year were so cool! YOur photography is getting so good now: may I make a suggestion? Do some research on how to best photograph them and you'll end up with some that you could probably frame this year!

ginger said...

don't get infatuated with the squirrels, eat them.
;)
you knew it was coming...

Connie said...

Let's hope not all dreams come true!
I think Inigo should be a guest blogger. He has potential!
Too bad about the scooter. Maybe if you rode it in your underwear...no...never mind.

Yvonne said...

I always love random posts. Good job on getting healthier.

I have lots of dreams when I'm out in nothing but my underwear--SO GLAD WHEN I WAKE UP.

Sorry about the scooter.

I agree with Connie--Adam should be a guest blogger.

BTW, come read my blog--you'll be surprised.

thorkgal said...

When I'm done with my play by play, week by week... I'm doing this "Brain Dump" I'm totally into it.