"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Friday, July 3, 2009

Refreshingly Yummy

I got this recipe from my friend Aubrey. It is a DELICIOUS ice cream treat that I made for Buttercup's birthday/Father's Day which ended up being on the same weekend this year. I am posting it here for Wees because she is now home, living in heat and humidity and needs something yummy to cool down with. And I miss her.


The basic recipe is this:

44 miniature chocolate chip cookies (like Famous Amos or Chips Ahoy)

1/4 cup butter, melted

1 cup hot fudge topping divided

1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened (or a box. Depending on how much your making. Just do the same amount of both kinds of ice cream.)

1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened


DIRECTIONS


Crush 25 cookies (approx. amount... you'll probably want to add more!), set remaining cookies aside. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in spring form pan (or you can use 9 x 13). Freeze for 15 minutes.

In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 3/4 cup hot fudge topping on high for 15-20 second or until pourable; spread over crust. Arrange reserved cookies around the edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Warm remaining hot fudge topping; drizzle over top. Can crush remaining cookies and sprinkle on top too!



Here's how I changed it up: I used cookies and cream ice cream on the bottom and between ice cream layers, I put a layer of Mrs. Richardsons caramel/butterscotch topping. Make it thick. The top layer was chocolate ice cream. On the top of the dessert, I swirled the caramel, the fudge and the cookies. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!


Think of all the ways you can mix this up: crush Nutter Butter cookies on the bottom and use chocolate ice cream and peanut butter/chocolate ice cream with a layer of melted peanut butter between and on top.

Use mint cookies and mint ice cream.

Sugar cookies and sherbet.



The possibilities are endless!!


6 comments:

JulieJ said...

Yum! Not going to help me get down that pant size so I have something to wear though...

melanee said...

Hmm.. looks amazing :) Thanks for your comments on my blog- I wanted to tell you, the program I use to group and edit pictures is called Photoscape You can download it for free at Photoscape.org It's a lot of fun!

Yvonne said...

OKAY, that looks just WAY TOO GOOD.

Wees said...

Yours is way prettier than mine, but oh baby, it is sooooo good. Worth every flippin' calorie. Sigh........

Wees said...

By the way, thanks for the recipe!!

Aubrey said...

yum! I'm glad you liked it too; I'll have to try out your version. Looks delish