"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Eggcentric?

I have a quick question for you....
How do you take your eggs out of the carton?



Do you start on the left side and take them out in order?



Or, do you start on the right?

Could it be that you start in the middle and work to one end of the carton and then the other?

Does it bother you when someone takes an egg out of the carton and they don't take it in the proper order?
Buttercup and I laughed at each other when we realized that we take the eggs out of the carton in the same way.
Symmetrically.
We can't take one egg from one side without taking one from the other.
There has to be a pattern.
There has to be a design.
If someone (a.k.a. Max) takes one out of order, we start to sweat and have to rearrange the carton.
This is what my carton of eggs looked like when I pulled it out of the fridge.
Perfect.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

I only buy a dozen, but I start at one end and go across.

Funny.

Acacia said...

I always make sure the carton is balanced, because I have grabbed a box with just one hand before and dropped it on the ground, breaking all the ones left because the balance was off. I try to keep the balance in the middle.

Unknown said...

You're so funny. I put them in the egg holder in my fridge, then I start from the right and go across. The right side is the one closest to me when I open the door. Silly!

Connie said...

I take them out of the middle and move to the edges so when I pull out my 18 egg carton, it doesn't collapse on one side!
However, I don't think I've really thought about it before.

Corps of Discovery. said...

I don't have any certain way I take eggs out. My question is - what do you do with the shells? Gargage can, garbage disposal, compost or back in the carton?
Devani

thorkgal said...

I think about it every time I use them... would this be better, would that be better? I haven't come up with an answer per say, but as I remove them I think about dispersing the weight.

JulieJ said...

Funny. I guess I work my way from one end to the other. We stayed with some friends and found out they put the used shells back in the carton until ready to throw the whole thing away. Now that is weird,

Wees said...

I take mine out randomly. It's the only time I can let go of the OCD.