"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Thursday, March 11, 2010

As The Cookie Crumbles

I love to bake. It's probably the one thing that I do that I am pretty good at. I'm okay cooking --meals and such-- but I don't enjoy it. It's something I have to do. But when you ask me to take something to a pot luck, without fail I sign up to take a dessert.

I think my forte is cookies. I have been baking cookies for as long as I can remember. When I was a teenager, my dad -- who was on the high council -- hired me to bake several dozen cookies as refreshments for the singles dances he was in charge of. I bought my own supplies, kept them in a special spot in the pantry and baked my heart out. I didn't get rich, but I gained experience.

I even remember my aunt hiring me to bake several batches of cookies for a luncheon she was having. She had invited her literary or garden friends over -- one was a local food critic -- and I got to provide the cookies for that.

I loved it.

I have stopped selling my cookies -- although at one time I had a dream to open a cookie store -- but I still bake them regularly. I find that baking calms my soul, brings me pleasure and relieves stress. Baking has brought me through tough times fiscally and emotionally.

With this in mind, I have decided to try something new with my blog. At least once a month (more if I feel like it), I'm going to try to do a cookie post. I'll share some of my tried and true cookie recipes or I'll try a new recipe and let you know if it's good. Maybe you can share some of your cookie recipes with me and I'll give them a try. It will wreak havoc with my diet, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.... :)

I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think if you try the recipes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited!

Yvonne said...

Well, I read this backwards and read your first recipe already--looking forward to these posts.

I love to bake too, but mainly because I love to eat the results ; )

Wees said...

Great idea, Chelli! I love it! I didn't know you had done all that baking for moola. Cool.

I like to bake too. There's just something therapeutic about it. Not to mention delicious.

Cheryl said...

You should send a batch over to me :)