"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Real Random Facts Post

Okay, I decided I would stretch the ole brain cells and see if I can come up with some random facts all by myself. I'm sure it will take 3 long days to come up with something -- and none will be very interesting.

Here goes!!! (I'm only going to come up with 12 because Thorkgal did such a great job already!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1. (I'm going to get this one out of the way first) My secret pleasure is Judge Judy. Yes, it's true. I don't watch Oprah, but I really enjoy a nice episode of the caustic judge. It's a great way to spend a half hour folding laundry.

2. I love going to movies. Comedies and musicals are my favorites. (That's why I saw Mama Mia 6 times in the theater.)

3. Potatoes are my staple food. I don't think I can cook a dinner that doesn't involve some form of the guber.

4. I like fruit much more than veggies.

5. Okay, I don't like vegetables at all.

6. I have worked in YW at least 10 out of the last 13 years. I hope to never leave it.

7. I signed up to be camp director again this year. Yippee!!!

8. I like driving and do most of the household driving.

9. I don't dance. I have two left feet. It's very embarrassing.

10. When I grow up, I want to move to the mountains of Montana so I can quit: doing my hair, wearing make-up, and wearing a bra.

11. I love to travel, but I'm a chicken when I go to new places. I'm getting better at it though. (You should have seen the anxiety attacks I had when we went to Disney World in 2000. I only had half as many when we went to Disneyland last fall.)

12. Cold weather bugs. It's a chore to put on a coat and boots, and warm up the car to just run to the store for toilet paper. SUMMER ROCKS!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Miller said...

Yes, summer rocks! We are already experiencingf spring like temperatures, like high 50's! It is quite lovely! And as far as potatoes goes, I wish Ray would let me cook with them. If he would eat them I would put them with most meals, but well, you know how the Millers are! (J/K, that is for Kristi! Hee, hee)

thorkgal said...

YOU DID IT! See it wasn't that bad. Good girl.

Corps of Discovery. said...

You don't need to move to Montana. I'm pretty sure I see people in the local Florin grocery story that didn't do their hair and aren't wearing make up or bras. And a lot of them are in their jammies.