"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Monday, January 26, 2009

It Bugs

Can I gripe for just a minute?

Tonight I went to Walmart. On the way in, we walked past a young father carrying a child under the age of one. He was just wearing a long sleeved shirt and the infant was wearing a cute purple vest. Her long sleeved shirt was pulled up to her elbows. The poor baby's arms were bright red, and her face was red -- from the cold.

IT WAS -2 OUTSIDE!!! (Yes, negative two degrees)

Okay, Dad, if you want to freeze, that's YOUR choice!! But this poor infant, who doesn't have any body fat to keep a goldfish warm or the words necessary to convey her needs to you needs to be bundled up.... I'm talking hat, mittens, a COAT WITH SLEEVES!!! I don't care how cute that little vest was, it was woefully inadequate for the current dangerous temperatures we are experiencing.

This is not the first time I've seen something like this. I see it every time I leave the house. It's something that needs to be fixed. Please parents... fashion doesn't matter when your kid can't actually verbalize the designer's name. Safety, warmth and comfort should be your main priority!!

1 comment:

Sarah Miller said...

And then you have moms like me who overdress their kids. I mean, our weather will be in the 50's and I'm still bundling the boys up in coats, long-sleeved shirts, hats, and Chase is then wrapped in a blanket on top of that. But I'm the type of person that gets so close to saying something to parents like that. Those kids don't deserve to be treated like that, they don't have the agency that they need. It's sad.