"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Equal Rights? I Don't Think So!

A conversation held in my kitchen last night:

"Inigo!! Please come and empty the dishwasher!!" (His job is to put the silverware away.)

Inigo came to the kitchen and as he was doing his chore, I told him that when that job was finished he needed to walk around the house and pick up all the toys he and his friend had left laying around.

"Mom, you are turning me into a SLAVE!!!" (said with dramatic conviction.)

Mom, thinking about the teaching moment this could turn in to replied with a short lecture on the value of work, how everyone has to help with chores around the house, etc. etc.

It fell on deaf ears....

With the same dramatic conviction Inigo replied at the end of my lecture: "So when are you going to give me my freedom?"

Note to self: Call the school and tell them they are doing a good job teaching the kids about President Lincoln. (Our school is having a big Lincoln extravaganza since it's his 200th birthday this year.)

5 comments:

sarah joelle said...

hahahahaha. i love that kid!

thorkgal said...

That is the BEST story.
Did you tell him he has to earn his freedom...? Ha ha. That's my story.

Sarah Miller said...

I seriouls made me laugh. Yes, I'm sitting here by myself and laughing outloud looking like a crazy person! Gotta love the stories!

Roger and Barbara said...

Simon Legree!

Yvonne said...

He is SOOOOO SMART!