"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Friday, August 26, 2011

You Are… My Biggest Fan

(For all you That Thing You Do fans out there, this is twice in a row I’ve quoted this movie. I think maybe it’s time to pop it into the DVR and watch it!)

It’s no secret that Inigo is a HUGE fan of Michael Jackson.

I mean HUGE!!!

So much of a fan, that when we went shopping for school clothes, the one and only thing on his list was to find a Michael Jackson t-shirt.

We scoured the mall, up the halls and down. In the stores and out. JC Penney, Sears, Old Navy and Hot Topic (I made him hide his eyes in Hot Topic).

Nothing.

Nada.

Zilch.

Ok, so maybe Michael Jackson fashion is a year or two old. He died two years ago, after all. It’s sooooo not the happenin’ thing anymore! :)

But my boy is -and remains- a die-hard fan. He goes to sleep listening to his music, he practices the moon walk, he reads books about MJ. You get the picture.

Anyway, Inigo was terribly disappointed that we couldn’t find a shirt for him. And I felt bad that he felt bad. That was just too much bad feeling in our car on our way from Guilder to Florin! So we devised a plan. We decided we would design and print up our very own MJ t-shirt.

Inigo gave me suggestions, told me what he was envisioning and I opened up Photoshop and Google Images and tried to implement his plan. The next day we took the jump drive with the saved design on it to our local screen printing shop and ….

VOILA!!!!

I think we came up with a pretty decent shirt!

And the best part is, it’s one of a kind, original, designed by Inigo. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Adam MJ T-shirt

(I took this picture with my phone in the glare of the morning sun. He tried his hardest to keep his eyes open, but he just couldn’t do it.)

4 comments:

Connie said...

That is one great shirt and one great kid, with or without his eyes open!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sooooo cute! You're gonna start a fad for sure.
He's such a cute kiddo!

Oh my goodness!!!!!
My verification word:
MICHAR

It's a sign or something!

Yvonne said...

Love it. Great job. I am very impressed.

I wish I could blame my blinking on the glare of the morning sun ; )

BTW, don't know if you have a Wii but he would love the Michael Jackson The Experience game where you do his moves and get points. I stink, but I know he would SHINE.

thorkgal said...

I want one. Seriously..., I'd wear it in a second. What a guy. I can't see his hands, did he tape up a couple fingers, wear a glove??? ;)