"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Monday, February 15, 2010

Just Say No... to Stern

It seems all over the news that Howard Stern could possibly replace Simon Cowell on American Idol next year.

This seems wrong on so many levels. Not only is he disgusting and extremely creepy, but he's disgusting and extremely creepy.

My family loves AI and every year we anxiously wait for January to come so we can start watching and voting. I absolutely don't think I could watch -- or let my kids watch -- AI if Stern were to come on board. I have to ask: what qualifications does he have to sit as judge on a singing show? Seriously. That's an honest question. I don't know. Is he musically inclined?

I really don't want Simon to go, but since it seems that's his plan, I have figured out who would be an excellent replacement judge!! DOOGIE HOWSER!!! Seriously! Neil Patrick Harris was a guest judge during the auditions and I thought he did an excellent job! We all know that he is gifted with a beautiful singing voice and he seemed honest and objective, which is what the show needs. (I just found out he is a BIG FAN of Les Miserables, so that bumps him up even higher in my esteem.)

I'm just sayin'....... This is just a thought I've been having since Simon announced he was leaving the show.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I must say I think it is a bit strange that Ellen is a judge - love her but she's a talk show host/ talk show dancer not a singer

Yvonne said...

Don't watch but certainly would not enjoy Howard Stern--NOT ONE LITTLE BIT.