"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Follow Up

Yesterday, I posted about "Operation Beautiful" -- an organization that puts positive self-esteem-boosting post-it notes on mirrors, windows or random places where people can read them. The goal is to help people feel good about themselves and to change the perceptions of beauty. They want to help people stop the destructive, negative self-talk that tear each of us down each and every day.

In that post, I said I was going grocery shopping in Guilder and I was going to bravely enter the public restrooms (despite the ickyness of them) and put these positive sticky notes on the mirrors in the stores I would be visiting.

In true Valerie the Witch style, I rushed out of the door in a hurry and forgot my post-it notes, my pen... even my shopping list. (Thank heavens I remembered to take Inigo and my wallet!) So I failed in my first attempt to participate in this worthy mission. Ugh. I felt terrible. I even went to Kohls.... wouldn't it have been wonderful to put a note on the mirrors in the dressing rooms?

Today, I thought about it all day, but the day didn't afford me any opportunities to take my post-it pad and pen anywhere..... until about 5:30 pm. Max called and needed me to go to his office. THERE WAS MY OPPORTUNITY!!!

I took care of the task he needed me to do and grabbed the top piece off one of his post-it pads -- for he has many. I wrote my note and skee-daddled down the hall to the ladie's rest room, which is a nice, clean pleasant place.... :)

I put the note on the mirror and giggled all the way back to his office, thrilled that FINALLY, I did it!!

I don't know if it will have any impact on the person who finds it... she'll probably just think that whoever put it there is weird... but then again, maybe not. I'll never know. And that's okay.

And now I'm planning the next note I will leave.... probably the bathroom at Curves, where I will be in the morning....mwaaahahaha!!

(Don't worry.... I won't post about every little note I leave. I just wanted to be accountable about the promise I made yesterday.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your "mwaaahahaha"...very witchy!

Connie said...

Good on ya for posting the note. I just went to the website and read about Operation Beautiful. Scary facts about how we handle our body image.

Yvonne said...

I can't wait to get out so I can do this. It is such a wonderful idea.