"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Monday, November 16, 2009

Prayers

I think everyone knows how much I love listening to my son's prayers.

But I'm not unique. I think all parents love kneeling next to their kids listening to them talk to Heavenly Father.

This is some of what Inigo said in tonight's prayer:

"Please bless that we'll appreciate each other."
I'm not real sure where that came from. "Appreciate" is not a word he uses in his regular speech. Ever. Usually he asks that we'll be kind to each other and love each other. Maybe he didn't feel like that was working so he'd change the verbage...????
The other thing he said made me chuckle:
"Please bless that no one gets their name on the board tomorrow."
Inigo is a stickler for following the rules and it really bothers him that children misbehave in class and get their names on the board -- which usually leads to losing privledges. I thought it was sweet that he didn't want his classmates getting in trouble!
****
On a side note:
Before I left for my weekend in Denver, I asked him if he thought he'd miss me while I was gone. The answer was a wishy-washy, "yeah -- maybe -- I guess so."
He was the only one home when it was time for me to get in the car and drive to Red's house. (Buttercup was at play practice and Max was still on the road home, so I took Inigo over to Jillwanna's house until someone could be home with him) We knelt down to say a prayer together right before we parted. In the middle of the prayer I heard him sniff and I peeked at him. I could see big tears running down his face. Afterward, he looked at me and said, "Mom, I think I'm going to be very sad!"
Choking down my own tears, (I haven't had my own vacation away from everyone since spring of '02 so I was sad too... Thorny, do you remember? I came and visited you!) I reminded him that I was only going to be gone for 3 nights and that everything would be okay. Well, he started smiling and was okay when I hugged him goodbye at the neighbor's.
Today, the first full day back, he has been extremely clingy. He keeps coming up and climbing up on my lap, or sitting next to me, cuddling on the bed while we watch a movie together. He's usually a very affectionate child, but this is extremely sweet.
It's just one of those things that tells me, when his own words don't, that he loves me.
He really loves me!!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh, what a sweetie. I bet he is thrilled to have you back. (BTW, glad you had such a great time)

I love to hear children pray--if we could all be more childlike.

gelly said...

aww, so sweet!

MamaChef (JM) said...

Well enjoy it while it lasts. I tried to get Rhubarb in my lap so I could rock him and he wouldn't play. So what if he is four inches taller than me! He's still a kid. A really big kid. Man-child?