"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Can't Shut It Off

Apparently I don't have enough face time with adults these days. I have a lot more rambling to do and I'd better get it done before my head explodes! (And I'm also providing a service since my rambling helps certain readers not feel so crazy!) :^)

♥ Drive-up Pharmacy windows: Seriously. I want to kiss the foot of the pharmacist who said, "Let's not make people walk through a crowded drug store and stand in line coughing germs everywhere so they can pick up their medicine!" Although none of us are sick right now, I had to pick up some meds and I just drove right up to the Walgreen's window and got what I needed. I was tired and didn't feel like walking through the store and standing in line. It was beautiful.

♥ Pedestrians: Living in Florin is not all sunshine and roses. No. Really it isn't. It's a great, safe place to raise children and it's nice having 90% of the town have the same religious values as I do... but it's also a college town. That has its serious drawbacks. Like the fact that anytime you drive anywhere close to campus you're putting your good driving record on the line. I'm convinced that at Freshman orientation, they are told that when you approach a crosswalk there is no need to slow your pace or look both ways. It is assumed and presumed that all oncoming traffic will immediately see you and screech to a halt, insuring your safety. I'm also pretty sure that all students sign a waiver saying that they will never stop or slow down or get off their phone while crossing the road.
Okay. If there happens to be someone who is thinking about attending the University and they are actually reading this, let me give you some advice: PLEASE stop and check traffic before you walk into the road!!! Statistically speaking, there is a huge chance that you will get hit, hurt and possibly even killed. Yes. There have been several pedestrian deaths in our town the past couple years.
I avoid driving by campus like the plague. Buttercup is not allowed to go near it.

♥ Guilty Pleasures: I used to love watching Judge Judy. She was my guilty pleasure. I still enjoy it, but I've found another show I love just as much: Wife Swap. It's on every morning at 10 on Lifetime. That's all I have to say about that.

DOH!!: Hey, teenagers! If you're going to graffiti on my car, at least use proper grammar! (We think we knew who did this, but there is no proof. And no, it wasn't done with love in their heart. It's the same group of kids who were bullying Buttercup.)


♥ Question: When you're paying bills, is it cheaper to put your check in an envelope, put a 47 cent stamp on it and put it in the mail? Or is it cheaper to get in your car and drive to various businesses and banks and give it to them in person? It seems that it would take a fairly complex mathematic equation using gas prices and mileage and driving time to figure all of that out. Math was never my strong suit. I'll keep driving it around. I can at least say hi to a real live grown-up person when I hand them my check.
♥ This week instead of his usual 8 hour (one way) drive, Max is flying to his meeting. That means he'll only be gone about 2 days. Considering this was supposed to be his week at home, two days is definitely better than 4! I'm seriously done with this working away from home stuff. I'm ready for him to be home....
♥ Enough grumbling. At least Max has a job!
♥ Halloween weekend was a blast! I'll write more about that later. I just needed to clear some space in the cerebral regions first.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is cheaper to pay your bills online! I sit in my computer chair in my pajamas and have all my bills paid in about 10 minutes

Yvonne said...

I don't think it's just your college town, I think it's that way in every college town.

Sorry, Judge Judy drives me crazy.

On line is probably the best way to pay your bills.

Can't wait to read about your Halloween .

MamaChef (JM) said...

I LOVE my Wells Fargo Bill Pay! It's so convenient!

Also, I can't get over the incorrect grammar of the reprobates. Ha!