"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Monday, December 6, 2010

What the...?!? Me?!?!

My stress level just jumped about 250%. No, make that 2500%!!

About 5 minutes ago I got off the phone with Buttercup's oldest and bestest friend, Leo, who is getting married on January 8, 2011 in Arizona. She is the daughter of one of my oldest and bestest friends, Lavender, who recently got married as well.

Apparently I forgot to blog about that event: it was a surprise wedding. Yes, a SURPRISE WEDDING. Lavender's fiance, Mack, planned everything, invited everyone but didn't tell Lavender what he was doing. (He notified me on Facebook three days before the wedding.) Mack told Lavender he was taking her to a ward party so she wasn't suspicious. When they got to his sister's house, where all the wedding guests were waiting, he dropped to one knee and proposed. When she said yes, he said, "How about right now?"

Thank heavens Lavender is a spontaneous kind of gal. She was thrilled. So she said yes to that as well. She knew they would be getting married at some point in the future, so she already had the outfit. He took care of the rest.

Admittedly, a surprise wedding isn't for everyone, but for my fun loving friend, it was PERFECT! It was so much fun for us to be a part of it.

But I'm digressing. As I said before, Lavender's daughter, Leo is getting married in January. AND SHE WANTS ME TO TAKE HER WEDDING PICTURES!!!

Oh my Hellen Keller. I tried to say no. I told her the truth -- that I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER and that I don't even resemble one. I told her I would help out and be in charge of fun snapshots, but as for actual PORTRAITS of the wedding she needed and deserved to have nice beautiful PROFESSIONAL Photos.

She wouldn't take no for an answer.

OHMYGOODNESS.

Leo is like my daughter. I would do anything for her. But I almost wish she would have asked me to make her wedding cake.... or her wedding dress...

Anything but this....

(If anyone has any hints, tips, cute poses, etc., I'm all ears!)

HELP!!!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I'm sure you'll do a great job. I went on line and checked wedding photographer's blogs for ideas. Lots of cute things out there.