"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Blog

I guess I’m not the kind of person that can keep the same blog address for very long. I have been here on ‘As You Wish’ for 3 years.

I wrote my first post on Dec. 30, 2008
where I introduced our family using names from our favorite movie,
The Princess Bride.

I began ‘As You Wish’ in an effort to protect my family’s privacy by using pretend names.
The blogs I had written on before used our whole names and I didn’t feel safe
using them anymore.

Yes, you noticed that I used the word “blogs” in plural form.
I’ve lost count of how many blogs I have written / been in charge of.
I started out using Microsoft Blog format @live.com
but was persuaded by a friend to come to the more user friendly Blogger.

I enjoyed Blogger so much that not only did I record my family’s activities and my own personal thoughts on a semi-regular basis, but I also started something like a gazillion other blogs:

* My Cloud Blog
* A blog all about Yellowstone Park
* I have a blog dedicated to our hopes and dreams to adopt a child
* At one time we had a blog for my siblings/parents/family
* We even had a blog for a family reunion my sister and I were planning!
* I am also in charge of the blog for our local theatre group

Even though I don’t write on here as often as I should, I obviously LOVE to blog.

And now I feel very strongly compelled to close down this blog and begin anew.

Without going into too many details,
I have decided that changing my blog address is necessary.
Max’s split with his former employer has left us with an extremely bitter taste in
our mouth. We work daily on forgiving, but that doesn’t change the fact
that there are people over there that have this blog address.
Frankly, I don’t want them to know about our life.
Yes, I could ‘go private’ and I’ve thought about that, but having a private blog
is not right for me… at this time.

So, I will be creating a new blog,
a new profile,
and using new names.

I hope to have the new blog up and running within the month.
(I’m in charge of food for another wedding reception this week, so I will have my head in an oven and my brain wrapped around my measuring cups for the next several days!)

If you would like to follow me to my new address, please leave me your email address and I’ll be sure to send you the link when I’ve got it up and running.

Thanks for your patience!

8 comments:

gelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Connie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corps of Discovery. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Connie said...

Valerie,
I have lost the link to your new blog. Please email it to me again. langfam10 at yahoo dot com

Thank you!