"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Enough Already!

I have dragged this wedding business out long enough, don’t you think?

Today I’ll post a few shots that the photographer took at the reception. I don’t have photos from the wedding day at the Temple yet. But our photographer for that event has health issues and is confined to bed this week after receiving her monthly plasma transfusion. (I used two different photog’s) We’ll get those when she’s back on her feet…

A   J20111111_0009A   J20111111_0014A   J20111111_0023family20111111_0014A   J20111111_0012family20111111_0019family20111111_0020

 

 

 

 

 

 

The FABULOUS kitchen help. family20111111_0044family20111111_0050family20111111_0056family20111111_0068Biff’s dad was in a car accident several years ago that left him paralyzed from the armpits down. We weren’t sure he was going to be able to come to the reception, so we were thrilled when he showed up!

***********************

Below are some snapshots that friends and relatives took at the Temple.

IMG_0910IMG_0911

IMG_0912

The Temple, thankfully, had this beautiful white cloak to loan to the brides. Isn’t it gorgeous?

IMG_0917IMG_0921IMG_0927

As we were leaving the temple to go to the luncheon, Buttercup ran into an old friend from when she was just a little, little girl… aged 3 – 6. We knew this girl and her family when we lived on the Oregon Coast. (She and Buttercup have the same name even!)

Buttercup II was recently married and was going to a session at the Temple with her new husband. It was a total coincidence that we ran into them! What a treat for both of them!

DSC_0381

***********************

IMG_3480

How handsome is this guy?
(He insisted that he have a bow tie and pocket square.)

*****************************

IMG_3488

Papa is NOT usually allowed to do this. He usually gives Inigo a funky/weird hairdo.

**********************************

IMG_0857

The cute little girls who kept the tables cleaned of dirty dishes. My sweet neighbor made
the darling zebra print aprons for them to wear!

*******************************

And finally…
this snapshot sums up our whole weekend.
Buttercup was giddy and happy and just a little silly.
I was overcome with emotion and by the time she and Biff left, I was a bucket of tears and bawling.
And there’s Max.
His life motto is “I’m just happy to be here.”
You can see by the look on his face, that he is.

*********************************

And if you have made it through these long, drawn out posts, I commend you and I thank you. Your dedication to my ramblings is admirable.
I seriously hope to be finished posting pictures and stories.

Although, I haven’t mentioned the story about how I got pulled over by a police officer on our way to the luncheon….

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I LOVE reading all about it. I'm so happy for all of you that it all came together. It is such a joyous time and you want it to be just as they have always dreamed. (And it looks like you did it ; )

Now, you must tell us all about getting pulled over!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

How much fun!!!!!
I loved each of the pictures. I even knew some of the kitchen help!
She is beautiful.
It looks like it went so well and I love the candid shots!

Connie said...

OK, I love that the photographer got a picture of those wonderful ladies in the kitchen! Buttercup looks so beautiful and happy. I hope you do a few more posts about it and include your "Hello Officer" story!

thorkgal said...

You did it! You lived through the wedding and all. Now you probably don't know what to do with yourself. ;) Oh, Christmas... never mind.

Janet Marie Huff said...

I've been looking forward to seeing pictures and was delighted to view them!!