"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -- Margaret D. Nadauld

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

Today was a super-dee-dooper day! Buttercup graduated from Seminary!!

Yippee!!!

It was a very nice program. In Florin, Seminary graduation is held by each individual stake. Our stake had 50 graduates this year. Buttercup's class has just over 300 students in it, and I think we have 5 or 6 stakes in town -- so it adds up.

Grammy and Papa came to this graduation ceremony since Buttercup's cousin is also graduating this year. He lives in Corn Country -- a 3 day drive from here. We thought it was a great way for both cousins to have them for a special day! Buttercup's other set of grandparents will be here for High School Graduation on Thursday.


Grammy is a WONDERFUL quilter and gave Buttercup a beautiful, handmade, heirloom quilt as a graduation gift.


(My point and shoot camera is taking terrible pictures today! I'm so sad!)

(And yes, I'll blame the camera, not the photographer!)

After graduation (which only lasted about an hour!! Yay for a short church meetings!) we came home and had chocolate applesauce cake and icecream. (Seriously, when I have more time, I will post the recipe for this cake. It is SOOOO good!!)

The day was practically perfect up to this point, but then it just got better. We invited Maddle Faddle and her sister, Andy and Andy's cute little family over to share the cake. It was such a blast visiting with them! I love Maddle Faddle just like she's my own kid and Andy is one of my former Beehives, whom I adore, now all grown up with a perfect little cherub of her own.

Just as they were getting ready to leave, there was a knock on my door and there stood Buck!! Buck just happens to be ANOTHER former Beehive from many, many years ago when we lived on the Coast. The remainder of the cake was dished up for her and the friends she brought along. An hour long visit filled with a ton of laughter, some tender stories shared, even a testimony born completed our night.

After things settled down and I was contemplating my day, I realized how very blessed I am. I have served in many Young Women presidencies. I honestly can't tell you how many different presidents I have served under. I have had dozens of girls go through my classes. (I was Buttercup's leader in one capacity or another for most of her YW career too!) I feel so lucky that I remain in contact with a large portion of these girls. And here were two, in one night, standing on my doorstep! Two Beehives from two different classes and two different states.

Can you believe I didn't take a picture? I'm kicking myself!! (Inigo had the camera and was running around taking crazy photos of everyone. These are two that he captured of Andy and Buck.)



Of course, they're darling girls and are so much fun.

I'd like to give a shout-out to two more of "My Beehives" that are regular readers of this blog... Hi Kribistibi and Gelly. Missed seeing you tonight!! (Kribistibi is from Buck's class and Gelly is from Andy's.)

Love my life. Love my family. Love my friends.

6 comments:

gelly said...

aww...would have loved to come visit you last night and congratulate Buttercup. And not just because you were dishing up cake. :)

We found out the gender of our little one today! Stay tuned for an update on my blog...

thorkgal said...

Your festivities are going so smoothly. Ours on the other hand... are just coming and going without plans or warm fuzzies. Camera gave out and I can't find my charger for the life of me... AH! Everyone else is celebrating and I send my boy off to other peoples houses to party. It's just... weird. Thursday, Riley has a double header. WHAT? Hence, the graduation dinner will be Sunday and we will call it a day. :/ You're always one step ahead of me.

Unknown said...

I miss Kirsten! I'm jealous that you got to see her and that you get to see Jackie all the time.
Congratulations to Buttercup! She looks so cute and grown-up. I'm glad your day was fabulous.
Oh! I just finished The Lost Symbol last week and didn't really like it. I'm glad it's not just me.

Yvonne said...

What a fun post. Congratulations to Buttercup. Four years of Seminary is quite an accomplishment.

How fun to have visits from former Young Women.

And, yes, please post the applesauce cake recipe.

Yvonne said...

By the way, I love the quilt. Beautiful.

Ashley and Ethan said...

Ally's dress was very flattering on her :) I can't believe that she and Maddie are graduated now- so weird! For you it's one down, one to go haha

Ok and that was not necessary to put that hideous picture of me on your blog haha That was pretty funny that Adam was taking a bunch of pics though. We had a great time that night and thanks so much for the invite. I will forever be your little beehive friend.
Andy